My Thursday 13 -- Prompted by a book I just received and started reading called "The Mind Gym" An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellenceand to promote from within the fact that I don't suck, am not weak, and have the wherewithall to achieve my goals, here's 13 things I need to keep in my noggin' during training and racing.
1) I am strong.
2) I am effin' fit!
3) I always "Finish" what I start
4) I am committed to my training; I am improving everyday.
5) Keep focus on the current task; be present. Don't let negative thoughts enter your mind.
6) Recall successes and remember how success feels.
7) I trust my training will prepare me for reaching my goals.
8) "Enthusiasm and mental edge are the keys to winning."
9) "Under pressure you can perform 15% better or 15% worse"
10)"When you have fun it changes all the pressure into pleausre"
11)"Learn to view pressure as a challenge to meet rather than a threat of defeat"
12) I cannot be afraid to fail, just as I cannot be afraid to succeed.
13)"You cannot outperform your self image"
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!
This is the blog of a 47 years young, full-time working Wife, Mom and unlikely triathlete aspiring to one day becoming an Ironman. Having lost 165 lbs and skin removal surgery, I'm finally going to make my dream of becoming an Ironman a reality! I am in Ironman Florida 2014! I really believe we will only regret the things we DIDN'T do 20 years ago and not the things we did. So this is me getting busy doing things I don't want to regret not having done! It's going to be a crazy year, but here we go!!!