Sunday, December 12, 2010
Things. What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
1) Relationships that are not reciprocal. Well, I covered this in my last post. Not wasting time, heart and energy on underserving relationships will allow me to focus on improving my commitment to others.
2) Unconscious actions or choices. These choices are detrimental to the success of other goals. These are the things I do impulsively, without thinking about the long term impact.
3) An overabundance of stuff! Stuff breeds more stuff. This coming year I want to eliminate the material needs above and beyond what serve my family, interests and goals. I am not a hoarder, though my husband might argue that point on shoes, but I definitely see places in my life where I could do with less in that I should re purpose/donate what I don't use..
4) Less Stress. More Peace. Really try to focus on letting go of the things I can't change or have no control over. No explanation required. Less stress. More Peace.
5) No more feeling like I have to explain myself to others. Rid myself of this feeling that I owe others an explanation for the things I choose to do in my life.
6) Don't need to continue working in a field I'm not passionate about. I'm an IT Manager. I'm decent at my job, but I often imagine how much better I'd be if I was doing something I was passionate about. In the coming year I would really like to determine what the "right thing" is for me.
7) Less dishes. Oh, come on. You know you agree. :)
8) Fewer outside commitments. I tend to be a "Yes" person and when asked to do something, I generally say sure without thinking about the time it would take away from other parts of my life. I"m getting much better about saying "No" to things. Less Yes. More No.
9) Less time trying to live up to the expectations of others, and more doing what's important to me. I need to learn to let go of unreasonable exceptions others have of me and be okay with the fact that while I might fall short of their expectations, I'm still okay. I define me. They do not define who I am by their perceptions of me.
10) Less dealing and more coping with the past. In the coming year it's time to start really dealing with the past and not just coping with it. Realizing too it could be one of the greatest ways for me to grow and become a better Wife, Mom and person.
11) Less "Wishing" and more "Doing". Part of the idea of reverb10 is to put out the vibrations of things you want to see happen in 2011. So, more reverb, more action and and less wishing!